Working in DNA Link Sequencing Lab
DNA Link is a place where scientific creative minds come together to understand and improve life. We are a global genomics company with cutting edge technologies. What makes DNA Link different? Our business demands innovation, which means that our minds are wide open. We’re proud of the fact that we stimulate people to decide for themselves what career path they want to take. Then we encourage them to keep on developing their skills and knowledge. We need people who can see things differently. Most importantly, we want original thinkers who will challenge us, stretch us and make us move forward.
Currently available positions
1. Lab Technician (Reference ID : SDLT-060517)
- Arrives at scheduled time
- Contacts supervisor and co-workers if calling out sick or coming late so that proper coverage can be found.
- Appears professional and does not use cell phones in work areas.
- Complies with parking rules (off site if applicable)
- Works with different programs to analyze DNA sequencing data with attention to detail
- Responds positively to changes in workload as needed (flexibility)
- Understands clinical significance of variant to determine if confirmations are required for reporting purposes.
- Follows SOP’s, thinks critically, and works within a team environment
- Reviews communications logs/emails daily
- Reports to Director if any issues arise that may influence data quality or turnaround time
- Meets 12 hours of continuing education and documents with Media Lab
- Understands and complies with all lab policies and procedures
- Can identify location of fire extinguisher and how to operate “PASS”
- Knows nearest fire exit and where to meet during a fire drill
- Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or related field or Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or related field and 2 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Sanger sequencing data analysis is a requirement
- Experience with Next Gen sequencing analysis is a plus
- Knowledge in Human Genetics
- Familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels including providing guidance to lab technicians.
- Attention to details, good communication skills, efficiency, adaptable, ability to multi-task and to perform well under pressure.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference number of SDLT-060517.
Unfortunately we do not have any more open position at the moment, but you can always contact email@example.com with your CV and a letter of motivation for unsolicited application, and we let you know when a suitable position becomes available.