Third-generation sequencer with single molecule long read sequencing
Pacific Biosciences is the company with most successful commercialisation of the single-molecule real-time sequencing. It uses polymerase not for amplification of clusters, but for the detection of fluorescence at a single-molecule level which are taken as video and then converted into sequences. It has the longest read length (averaged 20kb) among all sequencers on the market at the moment, which gives unparalleled advantage over the second generation sequencers with shorter readlengths.
DNA Link is one of the first commercial companies in the world who adopted PacBio sequencers, and has extensive experience over several years.
Sequel System: high-throughput, cost-effective access to SMRT Sequencing
The new Sequel System is based on our proven Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) technology and delivers about 7X more reads with 1 million zero-mode waveguides (ZMWs) per SMRT Cell. The Sequel System is ideal for projects such as rapidly and cost-effectively generating high-quality whole genome de novo assemblies.
This innovative sequencing system features automated reagent and SMRT Cell handling and an integrated software suite.
The Sequel System has two primary user access points:
- Sequel touchscreen interface (for initiating and monitoring runs)
- Sequel workdeck (for loading samples, SMRT Cells, reagents, and disposables)
Additional features of the Sequel System include:
- Intuitive run setup and monitoring tools
- Run-time flexibility (from 30 minutes to 10 hours per SMRT Cell)
- Run-size flexibility (from 1 to 16 SMRT Cells per run)
- Robotic workflow management
RSII : The very first long-read sequencer
The PacBio RS II led to groundbreaking research as the scientific community pursued higher-quality genome analysis and studied the full size-spectrum of genetic variation. With this established technology, there are over 2000 scientific publications in a variety of research areas, such as human biomedical research, plant and animal genomics, and microbiology.
The PacBio RS II features high-performance optics, automated liquid handling, proprietary SMRT Cells and reagents, and intuitive instrument control software.
The PacBio RS II contains three primary user access points:
- RS Touch — instrument software with a touchscreen interface (for initiating and monitoring runs)
- Reagent and sample drawer (for plate and sample loading)
- SMRT Cell and tip drawer (for consumables loading)
Want to know more? Please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you with a customised strategy for your project. email@example.com